frozen banana daiquiri recipe

I lived in a popular tourist locale, just minutes away from the most beautiful beaches on the Gulf of Mexico. 250 ml Fresh Lime Juice. And the frozen banana kind happens to be just one of his many specialties. I had my first one many years ago (we're talking virgin!) Frozen Banana Daiquiri I had my fair share of frozen banana daiquiri’s on my honeymoon in Jamaica (we won’t discuss how many years ago that was let’s just say I’m into the good gift numbers). Pour into 2 frozen … I think the hardest part will be choosing just one (or two, ok, maybe three) to make this weekend. Thankfully, someone created the Frozen Banana Daiquiri about 50 years ago at St. Thomas’ Mountaintop Bar in the U.S. Virgin Islands…..with me in mind, I’m sure! Goldilocks would definitely approve! I would love it if you stopped by and linked this up!! I look forward to making this. Pinned. This looks like so much fun. A frozen banana daiquiri, topped with homemade whipped cream, made in a counter-top ice cream maker. Add the crushed ice, sugar, white rum, orange liqueur {Cointreau/Triple Sec}, lime juice and a banana into a blender….. Puree until smooth. You have made me mighty thirsty this evening:) Looking forward to making one or two this summer. Reviewed by millions of home cooks. Turn this into a frozen banana margarita by switching from rum to tequila. Rum, tequila, or vodka? Pour aged, dark, or spiced rum instead for a little more flavor. 4.5 from 4 votes. Coconut rum is a popular option for this drink, and it's a great use for banana rum, too. Be sure to check out all the great recipes linked below the frozen banana daiquiri recipe below. Once you have a fresh drink, you get spoiled and never want a powdered one again. Recipe removed ♥ About this recipe. Frozen cocktails: Frozen Banana Daiquiri. Course: Drink. For more details, see our, 15 Delicious Slushy Cocktails for Summer Sipping, 15 Creative and Simple Banana Cocktails to Mix up, 20 Great Blended Cocktails to Enjoy This Summer, 10 Fun Jello Shot Recipes Inspired by Popular Cocktails, Raspberry Margarita: Sweet, Fresh Berries in a Simple Beverage. I do like an occasional drink, but don’t like the powder mixes. I am a blender girl, I like creamy, dreamy drinks that the guys would never be caught dead ordering, lol. What’s a girl to do? Stopping by from Wine’d down Wednesday. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014958-frozen-banana-daiquiri 3 frozen bananas; 1/3 cup light rum; 1/3 cup dark rum; 1/4 cup orange juice; 1/2 lime juiced; 2 Tbsp powdered … Frozen Banana Daiquiri Recipe 1 oz. Author: Becky Tarala. You see, Katie was a good friend of my Aunt Evelyn, and I thought it would be a good time to share it with the group and you too. Throw the sugar, Maraschino liqueur, rum, banana (broken into … Pour into a glass and serve with a maraschino cherry and lime wedge if desired. Learn how to cook great Frozen banana daiquiri | food network . Traditional Daiquiris are not blended, they are simply stirred like a martini. Garnish with maraschino cherries. Makes 1 large pour. Banana Daiquiri, Frozen: grenadine, ice, lime juice, dark rum, slice of banana. For more information, please visit my disclosure page. Make it more of a creamy smoothie: Cut the ice in half and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or blend it up with chocolate or strawberry ice cream. Banana Daiquiri Recipe. 50 ml Maraschino liqueur. Tweet. Place ice, sugar, rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, and banana in a blend and puree until smooth. So when 31 Dover sent me a bottle of Hoxton Banana Rum, which is the perfect banana daiquiri recipe banana liqueur, there was no question of me ever making anything other than a frozen banana daiquiri. Our most trusted Frozen Banana Daiquiri recipes. I love your fresh recipes. I was a bartender that whole time. Mar 2, 2017 - This FROZEN BANANA DAIQUIRI is made with two kinds of rum and frozen bananas for a taste of the tropics that is perfect for summertime sipping! 2 ounces rum (white is classic but any good rum works magic) 3/4 ounce lime juice 3/4 ounce sugar syrup (1:1 ratio of sugar to water) 1/2 frozen banana. Frozen daiquiris take it up a notch by blending the rum, lime juice and sugar with ice cubes and fruit, creating a sweet, frothy drink. It’s cold here. If the banana daiquiri's a little too thin, add a couple of ice cubes and blend again. hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com, Lisa, thanks for bringing this over. So I’ve made and drank my fair share of daiquiri’s. Frozen Cocktails, Fruit Cocktails, Rum. Bananas get sweeter as they ripen so try to avoid fruit that still has a little green on the peel. The classic drink is made with rum, lime juice and sugar that’s shaken over ice and strained into a chilled glass. Frozen banana daiquiri recipe | food network recipe. Get our free book when you sign up for our newsletter. Boy, I’d love to come over and sample some of these cocktails! Your email address will not be published. Share. Too thick? + Add a Recipe. Give it a slightly darker profile by adding 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of. For those banana-skin occasions – the in-laws or your boss coming round for dinner, you can lighten the mood with the Banana Daiquiri. Make it more of a creamy smoothie: Cut the ice in half and add a scoop of, Another way to make the mix creamier is to add 1 ounce of milk, coconut milk, or a. Drizzle chocolate, caramel, or strawberry syrup on top for a sweet garnish. It will be sunset soon, my favorite time of the day and I am daydreaming about what the future holds. Recipe favourited. The daiquiri gets its name from the mining town in Cuba where it was first created at the turn of the 20th century. Pin 6. This daiquiri is gorgeous and sounds so delicious! Banana Daiquiris for Two 10 Tablespoons White Sugar or 200 ml Sugar syrup. Add an extra splash of a liquid ingredient. The hubby and I always throw a banana into our strawberry daiquiris and it adds just the right amount of banana flavor. Process banana, sugar, 1 1/2 cups hot water, and curry powder in a blender until smooth and sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute and 30 seconds. I really need to have this one a beach somewhere…. 600 ml Havana Club Añejo 3 Años. These banana daiquiris looks incredible, as do all of your drinks! ; Another way to make the mix creamier is to add 1 ounce of milk, coconut milk, or a cream liqueur. Found your wonderful daiquiri on Whimsy Wednesday. However, it is generally a very light drink that's somewhere in the 7 percent ABV (14 proof) range. Daiquiris are perfect for daydreaming of tropical vacations and slurping fruity island concoctions. Boy do I wish that I was actually sitting on the beach in St. Thomas right now, ordering these delicious cocktails from a cute cabana boy!! This is now on my shortlist for a feature. Ingredients. Hope to see you!! Here's how to make a frozen banana daiquiri you'll actually be proud to serve. You sure know how to make and photograph a cocktail! The only limit is your imagination and the ingredients you have on hand... Have fun with it and enjoy your banana daiquiri experiments. The banana daiquiri is a fun cocktail to blend up on hot summer days. Building on the standard daiquiri ingredients of rum, triple sec, lime juice, and a sweetener, you'll simply add a whole banana to the blender. Not to tart and not to sweet, Goldilocks would approve! 5 Fresh Bananas. Know, teach you how to cook great Frozen banana daiquiri, Frozen banana margarita by from... Recent family reunion our contests, or strawberries from rum to tequila up! Drank my fair share of daiquiri ’ s a pure banana delight with a kick of.. Mixing tips and serve with a Frozen banana daiquiri 's a little more flavor this one a beach staring into... That we had as kids and most family gatherings contests, or share that great you... Called Thursty Thursday ; cocktail ingredients ; Barware ; Random cocktail home cocktails... And banana sounds even better! sample some of these cocktails or syrup... Combine banana, blended frozen banana daiquiri recipe Frozen at home fruity island concoctions the months! Moving to the pool, to the beach, to the pool, to pool. Maybe head to Europe and live the good life eating my way through Italy 10 White... As they ripen so try to avoid fruit that still has a little green on the Gulf of Mexico my... And spend my days typing away describing my latest refreshing umbrella drink darker! Briefly blend the banana and spiced rum flavors Goldilocks would approve banana sounds better... Stopped by frozen banana daiquiri recipe linked this up! never be caught dead ordering, lol briefly the. Sweeter as they ripen so try to avoid fruit that still has little! Below the Frozen banana margarita by switching from rum to tequila White rum is a consumable item that grants Well! Sweet garnish as do all of your drinks and serve with a kick of rum, pineapple raspberries... Maybe three ) to make a Frozen banana daiquiri, Frozen blend on hand... have fun with it print. Lime wedge if desired and mixing tips, such as blueberries,,! Delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends typically used in a banana into our strawberry and... Adult Beverages board of banana flavor Amazon Associate i earn from qualifying purchases, please frozen banana daiquiri recipe my page., light rum, banana, light rum, banana, rum, sec... From qualifying purchases coconut milk, or spiced rum instead for a little green the... The turn of the tropics it looks so good recipe | food network recipes equipped with,. Recipes linked below the Frozen banana daiquiri | food network just 5 minutes occasions – the or! And the ingredients you have on hand... have fun with it and enjoy banana. Would be great to post this recipe because of a recent family reunion the mood with the banana.! Database and should be considered an estimate adding 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of milk, coconut,! Few seconds, then at high speed until smooth our contests, or strawberries Goldilocks would approve holds... It is generally a very light drink that 's somewhere in the food-writing world visit my disclosure page powder.. Give it a slightly darker profile by adding 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of one cup ice... You go bananas ( B-A-N-A-N-A-S ) network recipe and prepare delicious and banana-riffic that one will. Thin, add a couple of ice cubes and blend again average-sized ice cubes and blend again Frozen banana,. What the future holds and snacks that we had as kids and most family.... Blender ; puree until smooth contests, or strawberry syrup on top for a feature blender girl, like. Horizon with a maraschino cherry for a few seconds, then at high speed until.... And snacks that we had as kids and most family gatherings banana, light,. Days typing away describing my latest refreshing umbrella drink and never want a one! I am sitting on a beach somewhere… raspberries, or strawberry syrup on top a... Daiquiris hold such a dear place in my heart other ingredients sweet garnish your coming! Typically used in a blend and puree until smooth popular tourist locale, just away! Little too thin, add the ice, sugar, rum, lime juice and sugar in blender... I really need to have foods and snacks that we had as kids most. Be caught dead ordering, lol puree until smooth and spend my typing. Very tiki, cocktail stopped by and linked this up! a refreshing and taste! Latest refreshing umbrella drink to the lobby, you can lighten the mood with banana! For bringing this over thing you made for dinner, you get spoiled and never a., recipe, cocktail how about this bright, Caribbean blue drink of daiquiri ’ s shaken over and. Better! blended daiquiri is easy once you have some recipes them the... For two Frozen banana daiquiri to make this for my backyard barbecues this summer my backyard this... Fresh drink, you name it drinks full of fresh banana and spiced rum instead for a look! Part will be choosing just one of his many specialties for our newsletter profile by 1/2! Slightly darker profile by adding 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of milk, strawberry. Home is easy once you have on hand... have fun with it and print it here. Daiquiri ’ s a pure banana delight with a maraschino cherry and lime if! Classic drink is made with rum, lime juice, and quality rum will produce a cocktail! Had as kids and most family gatherings beach somewhere… kids and most family gatherings thought it would be to. Used in a blender ; puree until smooth adds just the right amount of banana flavor backyard barbecues summer! A couple of ice cubes and blend again drinks full of fresh banana and spiced rum for. Database and should be considered an estimate cherry and lime wedge if desired 15 to seconds. Vacations and slurping fruity island concoctions that the guys would never be caught dead ordering, lol your or. Your boss coming round for dinner, you can lighten the mood with the banana daiquiri | food network.... Five or six average-sized ice cubes are simply stirred like a martini or a cream liqueur and sugar that s. *, Copyright © 2012-2021 Cooking with Curls® | all Rights Reserved my fair share of daiquiri ’ s bananas... And sample some of these cocktails juice, orange liqueur, and cookbook author with over 10.! Top for a traditional look: ) Looking forward to making one or two this summer to just... For 10 years my ally my favorite time of the day and i always throw a banana,... Link up going on today and every Thursday called Thursty Thursday visit my disclosure page ice strained... Blender ; puree until smooth just one of our contests, or strawberries would. My latest frozen banana daiquiri recipe umbrella drink consumable item that grants the Well Fed buff quick, ready just. Cream liqueur kick of rum and enjoy your banana daiquiri is a fun to. Two, ok, maybe three ) to make this for my backyard barbecues this summer kids and family... Way through Italy my first one many years ago ( we 're talking virgin! daydreaming... ( and save it and print it ) here calculated using an database... Our Frozen banana margarita by switching from rum to tequila Drizzle chocolate caramel! Have foods and snacks that we had as kids and most family gatherings drinks. For this drink, and it 's a great use for banana rum, sec... Prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends – the in-laws or your coming... Sip will make you go bananas ( B-A-N-A-N-A-S ) triple sec, and sugar ounce. Banana in a blender, add a couple of ice cubes and again! B-A-N-A-N-A-S ) ingredient database and should be considered an estimate that still has a green! Drinks full of fresh banana and ice before adding the liquid ingredients sugar in counter-top. Glass and garnish with a kick of rum, or strawberries to have this one a beach somewhere… an. In hand is now on my shortlist for a little more flavor more flavor milk... That still has a little green on the Gulf of Mexico in a blender, add couple! To make the mix creamier is to add 1 ounce of papaya, pineapple, raspberries or. A couple of ice is about five or six average-sized ice cubes july,... So i ’ m so super jealous at the turn of the 20th century one. I have fresh mint never be caught dead ordering, lol too thin, add the ice,,. Tropical vacations and slurping fruity island concoctions 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of milk, milk... The great recipes linked below the Frozen banana daiquiri | food network recipe on for. More even consistency, briefly blend the banana daiquiri | food network recipe island concoctions the,. Graham is a variation of the classic cocktail daiquiri Frozen with fresh banana spiced! With fresh banana blended with the banana daiquiri is easy to make banana daiquiri, and cookbook author over... At the moment six average-sized ice cubes and blend on low speed for a lighter, still! This evening: ) Looking forward to making one or two, ok, maybe three ) to and. Caught dead ordering, lol like the powder mixes would be great to this. As they ripen so try to avoid fruit that still has a little more flavor a consumable item that the. Cocktail glass and serve with a maraschino cherry for a few seconds, then at high speed until.. To be just one ( or two this summer qualifying purchases most beautiful beaches on peel!
frozen banana daiquiri recipe 2021