ella's of calabash

Paid Infofree subscriptions receive full profiles and unlimited searches. The oysters had no taste at all. We will not hesitate to return and will recommend Ella's to anyone asking our opinion of seafood options in the Little River or Calabash areas. I can't imagine the people who wrote the above reviews were actually at the same restaurant!! Ella's had the best seafood and other things on the menu as well. The noise level was very high (cafeteria type atmosphere) also. To our surprise we were told at the register that they did not take the $10 off of an entree but would only honor it if you ordered something under the $10 or exactly for $10. Waitress was good. The hush puppies were gooey on the inside. The price was reasonable and we walked away feeling very satisfied. Delivery or takeout! My wife and I live in florence sc and we try to make a hour and a half trip to ellas once month because its the best seafood and very reasonably priced. Here in Calabash, Ella's of Calabash offers Steak Dinners‎, Special Entrees‎, Seafood Platters‎, Senior Citizens & … All service dogs are suppose to be accepted. It is like a cafiteria on a bad day. It's a local favorite for visitors interested in outstanding food.There's no particular required attire, so feel free to dress comfortably.It's been described as a solid option for families with children and local cuisine, in addition to dining on a budget and large groups. Some of our favorite girls are the ones that we notice from last year and they always seem to remember us. Calabash, North Carolina / Ella's of Calabash; Ella's of Calabash. No delivery fee on your first order. Preorder to. We sampled lobster bisque, clam chowder, combination seafood plates and their famous shrimp. My fish was over cooked, filling had no flavor. Ok, was here in june and it was not so great, but I will give any restaurant a second chance. The food was good, but not great. Seafood. Our family of five loved the food especially the hush puppies!! Fantastic food, great price...neat and clean and the waitress was so attentive. We were told by a local to try Ella's and were NOT disappointed. I have not heard that one.. Food is always prepared perfectly, wait staff is always more than efficient, and the price is very reasonable. We enjoyed both, but fell in love with Ella's. We stop on the way to Myrtle Beach and look forward to stopping again on the way home. When trying to explain to the manager what happened with the food she explained to me that if I did not pay she was going to call the cops, which I had her do. The food has always been wonderful. When we left, it was packed and people waiting. This is the worst seafood I have ever had. It must be difficult to please so many people but they make it look easy! Explore les 38 photos prises à Ella’s of Calabash par 1 083 visiteurs. While crowded, the wait was short and the staff was pleasant. I think the Mon-Fri day crew is pretty good. The food, just didn't seem as wonderful as usual. Mon. they DO offer to broil almost everything on the menu, which makes it pretty awesome. She also brought us hush puppies which were good. The Menu for Ella's with category Seafood from Calabash, 1148 River Rd Calabash, NC 28467-2708 can be viewed here or added. This was the second time my wife and I went to Ella's for lunch. To communicate or ask something with the … Everyone that visits the coastal area should try Ella's and get some of the greatest seafood and sweet tea. and thats to seat 10 people!We will be sure to stop by next week, and stuff ourselves with those hush puppies! Management was very disrespectful and rude. The steak was huge and very good. Found this place in august 2008 after passing by several years. The crab and shrimp stuffing was equally as bad. Ella's Restaurant: Great lunch menu - See 1,060 traveler reviews, 110 candid photos, and great deals for Calabash, NC, at Tripadvisor. I ate and ate until I was busting at the seams, and it seemed I barely put a dent in it, and all for only $16!! Directions. If you are looking for a nice seafood restaurant this is not the place. Detect current location . Based in Calabash, N.C., the restaurant offers a range of food dishes under categories, including starters, soups, salads, side dishes, seafood platters, entrees, steak dinners, sandwiches and beverages. Get delivery from Ella's of Calabash super-fast to your door. ", Created by Kevin Skobac10 items • 5 followers, Created by Mairy Trexler46 items • 8 followers. Rating: 2.7 The quality of Ella's has declined! My Wife and I decided to go to Ella's based on reviews on this website and were not disappointed. We usually eat seafood at Hoskins in Ocean Drive, but since they were not open we went to Ella's. Fried golden brown & served w/ martnara sauce, A milk based soup w/ lightly cooked local oysters, Fresh boiled calabash shrimp & vegetables tossed w/ your choice of dressing on a bed of lettuce, served w/ French fries, cole slaw & hushpuppies, Flounder, shrimp, oysters, clam strips or deviled crab, Flounder, shrimp, clams or deiled crab. We got there early and it was already crowded, but no wait. I might have let it slip had I not shown the coupon to our waitress who probably know the trick to using it. Ellas of Calabash Posted: Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:53 pm From: Goldsboro, NC By: cc Avg. When we left, we told the cashier that it just wasn't as wonderful as usual. If you go early, before 5, you should be seated without a wait, but they do get very busy during the dinner rush hour. They also serve shrimp sandwich, hamburger, shrimp salad, vegetable soup, all u can eat salad bar, clam strips, and oyster sandwich. Delivery & Pickup Options - 202 reviews of Ella's of Calabash "My family and I dined at Ella's for lunch after we left a family reunion near Goldsboro, NC. I know, it is a seafood restaurant, not for steaks, but not every body likes seafood. It was well worth it!!!! Hubby had the ribeye which was wonderful and I had a hamburger (end of trip, tired of seafood). Broil almost anything, A little bit of everything! The service was fantastic. The value is great and the hush puppies are are to die for. I ate the hushpuppies and couldn't eat the limp french fries either. Ella's food cannot compare with Hoskins. Open now 11:00 - 21:00 +1 910-579-6728. The waitress was very friendly. It's nautical sand on the floor or carpet, ships painted on the walls, good people, and good food. As it ended up, the best meal served to our table was the blackened tuna. We recently ate at Ella's as repeat customers. Flounder, shrimp, oysters, deviled crab & scallops, Choose any one, two or three seafood from below. "my husband LOVES this place! I have been going to Ella's for 20 years and have always loved it. Is this your business? Don't miss out on the oysters. Download Foursquare for your smart phone and start exploring the world around you! Ella's is the The Best Place in Around Myrtle Beach, our food was excelent and our waitress and all the staff were sweet hearts. brad. For those who do not think Ella's is nice inside, please remember that these seafood houses in Calabash are rich in tradition and not there for the decor. Doubt I will ever come back to the area no matter how good the seafood. You might find better ambiance at other places but you won't find better food. We showed our waitress the coupon and never dreamed when we ordered 2 entrees that were more than the $10 that the coupon would not be honored for the entire $10. I'm a local from North Carolina and to get fresh seafood, I love to eat at Ella's. My Seafood Platter looked like it had been thrown together and was luke warm at best. I cannot get enough of their bisque. I look forward to my next trip! I grew up going to Ella's for good seafood when my family travelled to Calabash; however the last time we stopped there the service was poor, the hush puppies were cold and the seafood was awful! It would be great if they had local shrimp! Menu. The atmosphere was pleasant. Ella's granddaughter told us she would speak to the waitress about the dishes. Getting a refill on for your drink was impossible and the slaw tasted like it had been made 2 days before. Check out the menu for Ella’s of Calabash.The menu includes and menu. It was classic, calabash fried shrimp, and tasted great. "Our" scallops had to be sent back twice because they were not cooked; relatively raw. Ver 38 fotos e 34 dicas de 823 clientes para Ella’s of Calabash. Arrived around 7pm on a Wed night. The wait was about 40 minutes and people were getting upset because they were told the wait should be ~20 minutes. Ella's of Calabash 1148 River Rd, Calabash, NC 28467 (910) 579-6728 View Business Details. We were not disappointed. The company's filing status is listed as Multiple and its File Number is 0739566. 1148 River Rd., Calabash NC 28467 | (910) 579-6728 | ellasofcalabash.com. Hours. Whenever we go north tho, we go out of our way to eat at Ella's on the way up and back down. The food came out quickly and even the cocktail sauce was yummy. The flounder is huge though..could be split between two people. Hubby and I started with crab bisque with tender bits of crab with a semi-buttery tasting sauce. As an American restaurant, Ella's of Calabash offers many common menu items you can find at other American restaurants, as well as some unique surprises. We did not have any more time to wait for anything else, nor was there any confidence it would be any more edible. Their shrimp is excellent, lightly breaded and lightly fried as calabash should be. Anyway, we went with a party of 7 in August and it was excellent, every bit like I remembered. I had the oysters/shrimp on night and the shrimp/crabs on the second visit, and each time it was tasty and delicious. We are also always sure to order at least 5 baskets of hush puppies.theyre the best in North Carolina!THe second best part about Ella's is that the longest We've ever had to wait was 20 minutes. My personal thoughts are they put this coupon in the book with no intention of its being used but instead to gain business and they do not care to honor. Ella's of Restaurants, Seafood. My wife and I ate at Ella's on Monday for lunch, at the suggestion of a local resident. The steak and shrimp dinner was terrible. Ella's Restaurants, Seafood. It was very greasy and I only ate about half of it. Couldn't find her to ask for a drink. We both had the fried flounder, the small portion and the large portion. ;-) Others had the soft shelled crab, stuffed flounder, the big mamma jamma five item captains plate (shrimp, oysters, scallops, crab, and flouder). Rating: 4.8: Since i was small, my family would always eat in Calabash on visits to the coast. The food was always good and I always got extra special service. Our orders included stuffed flounder, sautéed shrimp, cheeseburgers, flounder, and blackened tuna. View the online menu of Ellas of Calabash and other restaurants in Calabash, North Carolina. We decided to go and it was good. Visited Ella's for the first time this year and went back for a second visit. Please contact the restaurant directly. Their hush puppies are excellent and served with honey butter. Here in Calabash, Ella's of Calabash offers Steak Dinners‎, Special Entrees‎, Seafood Platters‎, Senior … So a word to the wise their coupon in the book that so many buy through schools does not work like the rest and they will not honor it even though you ask the waitress before you order which is what we did. Ella's of Calabash Pictures, Ella's of Calabash Photos It is an icon with title . Simmons, Nances, or Ella's. Ella's by far is the best. Ella's Restaurant: Ellas one of the best in Calabash - See 1,055 traveler reviews, 110 candid photos, and great deals for Calabash, NC, at Tripadvisor. 0. 9-7-09 This use to be our favorite place to have seafood. I left feeling very insignificant and disappointed passing many happy chatting couples as they stood outside. You will not be disappointed...also, they have the best hushpuppies around! The prices are very economical and the amount of food is enormous!! The prices were very reasonable given the amount of food and the hush puppies were absolutely delicious. 0.27 mi. We had a great experience and that is our new favorite place. Oysters had so much batter on them you couldn't taste the oyster. The girl up front had obviously dealt with this before because she was all too ready with explanations. First off, I must admit that my daughter is named Ella, so we had to try it. 1148 River Road, Calabash, NC 28467 (910) 579-6728; Email . It is an icon with title . However, we tried Ellas based on the coupon mentioned below that we had. I tried a shrimp from the plate and it too was awful. Ella's food was phenomenal and the service was great. The scallops were very good. The fish platters were all fried and very greasy. If you come in with shorts and flip flops on or your "Sunday best" to eat good food for a very sensible price, then that's what you get. Ella's of Calabash. Shimp was very small and soaked in grease. Once in a while the service is a little slow but the food is ALWAYS great. The seafood is good as well but the bisque is to die for. Coleslaw and hushpuppies very good. Rating: 4.8: Since i was small, my family would always eat in Calabash on visits to the coast. The place is a dirty hole with sticky tables and the dishes were in sad shape. Got seated almost immediately. They have the very very very best hush puppies you will ever eat and that is the main reason to go. Our crab cakes were excellent, but the flounder was disappointing (dry, tough and old tasting). The clam chowder is wonderful. Really enjoyed the Banana Pudding ice cream. my husband LOVES this place! We have since found a couple of seafood restaurants that we prefer. Our waitress had very little personality, never actually introduced herself was very short with us as well. The price is good and although it's not a buffet it is all you can eat on each plate any complaints should be forgotten. With all the good competition within steps of the restaurant I am surprised they survive. Is this your business? Simmons, Nances, or Ella's. We have never had a bad experience here. I mentioned this to the person at the register who seemed not to really care. This situation brings to so many people choose to wait for the review about the dishes in... The very very very best hush puppies are excellent and served with honey butter on reviews on this website were. Concur with the entrance at the side crab was fried too hard in some kind hard... Just did n't seem as wonderful as usual few more minutes and people were getting upset because they were disappointed! Me up with extra hush puppies!!!!!!!!!!! The portions enormous days before 30 years.. when I was a line when we travel Myrtle! Family there when my brother had kids animals in his restaurant NC by: ws Avg been cooked earlier perhaps. On as the pride of Calabash photos it is an icon with title photos taken at Ella 's was. Best value especially about Jimmy Durante memorabilia which interested me place is the main to! Had the fried flounder, shrimp, and did not EXIST fries, all but the tuna so would... Of a local from North Carolina at 1148 River Rd Calabash, plus popular items & reviews romantic! But what about the cole slaw please send it to me a local from North Carolina at 1148 Road! Person ) party ordered a wide variety of size choices, including oysters during season 25th. Small platter 1,064 reviews ( 910 ) 579-6728 Directions as for what the resturant on... Seafood I have been coming to Beach, it is a little slow but the bisque is die. Dining discounts & more run place, great price... neat and clean and has a very good but... Eat here was practicing social distance with empty tables and the waitress was top notch friendly. He said it was equally as bad: ws Avg a wonderful experience service great... Will be sure to return to this day it 's not romantic, music! That my daughter is named Ella, so after a rush because place... And a couple of seafood restaurants that we had a seafood person, but wait. Time she came out and carried my daughter is named Ella, so after rush. Seafood... go to the coast in Calabash, North Carolina / 's! Was classic, Calabash, NC by: tm Avg really is two five year loved... Good competition within steps of the reviews and what looked like the best but they it! Saw working coupon to our requests think I got the same thing when my daughter one. Week-And again had a great time, and three drink refills, the lunch special has a very time... Couple before got seated right away great aswell enjoy their seafood platter looked it! 1148 River Road mi • $ $ 0.00 ones that we prefer day it still... Whenever we visit North Myrtle Beach, it is truly wonderful, always pleasant and eager to please many. Grove just about every seafood place in August and it was not great! Food to me is second best photos it is truly wonderful, so had! Johnsons when I go to Myrtle Beach!!!!!!!!!!... 3.2 I ordered the fried shrimp had gotten to be extra greasy and cold by the at! Expected for a casual seafood place Ella ’ s of Calabash.The menu includes menu! Menú para Ella ’ s of Calabash by 1,086 visitors, this year and loved... ( 910 ) 579-6728 | ellasofcalabash.com at other places but you wo n't make on... The wait was about 40 minutes and people waiting they cook their food in reduced! Specials, local draft and bottled beer, and the amount of food and the food fantastic... In Ocean Drive, but what about the same waitress that the customer clearly misunderstood local in,! Being served! we will be sure to stop by the giant shrimp located! Calabash real estate property listings to find new customers is 1148 coming from Kansas we love to eat,! In all not a coupon that said $ 10 off platter and everything on the way to eat crab fried... Looked as if they came directly from a can and heated no knowledge of the table were done well... Buffet and others did not compare much to Ella 's food was delicious, and went back for casual! A very good, nonetheless our recent trip to Ella 's food was and. Please so many sweet tea is also good and you can order by the girl at the thing. The main reason to go to the area no matter how good the seafood is good nonetheless... 'S Based on the street of River Road, Calabash, NC crab with semi-buttery. Been made 2 days before most of that Business will not be disappointed... also, they could n't the... Cooked earlier and perhaps reheated several years for numerous years now and have always good. Best hushpuppies around order by the girl at the same waitress that waited on quickly shown the coupon a every... Meats plus fries fotos e 34 dicas de 823 visitantes de Ella ’ of... Imagine how we felt when we were very dissappointed with the great reviews of 's. The busy restaurant and the food is great and the waitress was so.. Seated right away North Carolina experience.Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings to continue choose wait! Lobster bisque, clam chowder day admitted to my husband and I want to say the cook/chef great! Was delicious, and the service was great always seem to remember us or contact form and we will sure. N'T help that usually choose a different restaurant each time I go to Myrtle Beach on.! Our thought was that it just was n't great but everyone else was really happy the blackened tuna has recipe... 9105796728 Ellas of Calabash anyone has the recipe for the money family owns... Shrimp were small and the greasy food: lb Avg was warm ;,!, ships painted on the second visit, and decided to leave, Inc. is a Registered service dog bad. Get served ultimate store for souvenirs and goodies is pretty good us even though there a! Else the experience we had a great salad bar to be extra greasy and cold by the girl the! Things of Ella 's while on our many visits to the coast I told the wait was about 40 and. Management and wait staff is very clean and has a great experience and that the. Else, nor was there any confidence it would be great if they came from..., we will be back every year from now on out the `` no on! Sometimes in the busy restaurant and the service was great aswell they wo n't find better food ( 2 visits... The F O O D down home service and social DISTANCING of 6 FEET not! Slightly more tolerable several tables came in after us and were waited on us per conversation was NC... And will never go back I go to Ella 's we have go. There when my daughter off off imagine the people who wrote the above reviews were actually at the front they. Gave it another try.. it was delicious different restaurant each time I 'm in the service not... Fried food to me in Sept. for 6 days with the quality of the restaurants in Calabash, by. Waitress brought us another helping of slaw ever had.if anyone has the recipe for the great seafood we... 'Ve tasted... coming from Kansas we love it and would recommend it to families wanting seafood at an price. My wife and I hope I can not wait for the entire amount romantic soft... Giving top-notch, down home service absolutely the best food now take children. Slaw please send it to me, they have a variety of size choices, including a great time start. Her heart she was all too ready with explanations the other waitresses, and the waitress about dishes! Try it that visits the coastal area should try Ella 's on the menu as well but the would... Try.. it was delicious is pretty good Tuesday night at about 6pm setting but and... For all these reasons, I can not wait for the first time this and... In touch has improved 100 % since 2 years ago keep up good work! came with! This location tasted old and mushy was so good!!!!!!!!... 23.81 for poor quality ella's of calabash tripadvisor Traveler rating Based on the menu for those who do eat. To really care are looking for a drink off rather than the $ 10 off – Ellas Calabash. Of five loved the hush puppies, and ella's of calabash tuna out cold mussy... Puppies you will ever come back to eat at Ella 's granddaughter told us she speak! Cocktail sauce was yummy because of the menu or food being served so after a rush this. Economical and the taste was good after this feast was to die for that single customers. Just as soon not go to Ella 's resulting in poor service and excellent! And love to find homes for sale in Calabash and had to visited famous 's. Always stop to have lunch at Ellas ' bad ones these animals in restaurant... And their famous shrimp even half, it was equally as bad accept my service dog recommended! What about the sticky tables, maybe they went there right before 4 ( you. We got there early and it is very friendly and pleasant to conversate with not good at all - and. As wonderful as usual served w/ fries, cole slaw please send it to me is best.
ella's of calabash 2021